By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Ministry of Health (MOH) has confirmed two additional cases of 2019-nCoV infection in Singapore. Of these, one was on the evacuation flight from Wuhan on 30 January. Contact tracing of the other case is underway.
This brings the total cases in Singapore to 45.
Of the 23 locally transmitted cases, epidemiological investigations and contact tracing have uncovered links between 15 of the cases with the three currently known clusters. Contact tracing is underway for the other eight locally transmitted cases to establish if they are linked to previous cases or persons with travel history to mainland China.
On Monday, 31 provinces (autonomous regions, municipalities) and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps reported that 2478 new cases were diagnosed (2097 in Hubei) and 108 deaths (103 cases in Hubei, 1 in Beijing, Tianjin, Heilongjiang, Anhui, and Henan).
To date, 42638 confirmed cases were reported, including 1016 deaths.
- Dengue health alert issued in Huila, Colombia
- New York continues to see increased seasonal flu activity
- New Hampshire: Valley fever diagnosed in a rescue dog from Arizona
- UPDATE: 10% of Caribbean Princess passengers sickened, Returning to Fort Lauderdale early
- Sri Lanka: Dengue cases top 11,000
- UK: Coronavirus cases rise to 8 in England, Diagnostic test rolls out today to 12 labs