Five men, ages 56 to 80 throughout Weld County, have contracted the bacterial, zoonotic disease, tularemia. Health officials say it is likely they were exposed by while mowing or working in their yards. The...

By

A Larimer County resident became sick with tularemia in late July and was hospitalized for the illness in early August, according to local health officials. The man may have been exposed while mowing a...

NewsDesk @bactiman63 Public Health Officials announced Pueblo County’s first human tularemia case in 2022 in a youth. “Pueblo residents, especially those living in Pueblo West, are advised that...

By NewsDesk  @infectiousdiseasenews Tularemia The Larimer County Department of Health and Environment has confirmed tularemia in a rabbit in northern Larimer County. Tularemia, also known as “rabbit...

Health officials in Jefferson County, CO are reporting a rabbit found in the Golden/Lakewood area (near South Table Mountain Park) has died from tularemia, an uncommon, but serious, infectious disease. This...

El Paso County Public Health confirmed Wednesday, June 21 that a wild rabbit in northeast Colorado Springs died of tularemia infection, and are asking residents to remain cautious around wild animals. The...

Public Health Officials in Pueblo confirmed a wild rabbit tested positive for tularemia. The rabbit appeared to have no contact with people and was collected from the Kirkwood Drive area in Pueblo West,...

Health officials in Mesas County, Colorado announced today the first human tularemia case of 2016. The patient was likely exposed to the disease, often referred to as Rabbit Fever, in the Redlands area. The Mesa...

Public Health Officials in Pueblo confirmed another wild rabbit has tested positive for tularemia in Pueblo County. This positive rabbit verifies tularemia is throughout the area south of Hwy 50 in Pueblo...

The Larimer County Department of Health and Environment has confirmed the first human case of tularemia in a county resident in 2016. This patient developed a lung infection, and may have been exposed...