Syphilis numbers are growing around the US and around the world as more and more states and countries release data. In this interview from Apr. 2016, I speak to the Director of Communications for the American Sexual Health Association/National Cervical Cancer Coalition, Fred Wyand to discuss the syphilis situation.
We go over the ABC’s of syphilis, why the number of cases are increasing, the reported link to apps like Tinder and Grinder and much more.
Related podcast: Totally preventable: Congenital syphilis on the rise in the US
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
Over 4000+ Test Centers Nationwide. Order Testing Today!
Intro music: “Rapture” by Ross Bugden
- England: Syphilis cases up 12 percent, Most cases in nearly 70 years
- Syphilis: Eight out of 10 cases in US men are MSM
- April is STD Awareness Month: ‘Syphilis Strikes Back’
- Sexually Transmitted Infections: Those common and those not so common, Part 1
- Trump-syphilis link: New Republic hypocrisy
- Japan syphilis cases more than double in 2016
- Ocular syphilis: One half of patients are HIV+
- Chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis have reached a record high levels: ‘We have reached a decisive moment for the nation’
- Ireland: Syphilis cases triple in Cork, primarily in gay men
- New York City: Health alert issued as increase in syphilis cases reported among women
- Syphilis: CDC reports shortages of Bicillin-LA, antibiotic treatment for the STD