By: Candess Zona-Mendola of MakeFoodSafe
Alaska Health and Social Services announced a suspected outbreak of foodborne illness is being investigated in Homer. More than 70 employees working at South Peninsula Hospital have been identified with gastrointestinal illness to date. At this time, the source of the outbreak is unknown.
In the meantime, the outbreak is being investigated by the Alaska Department of Health. They have launched a survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Q2LNKB2
This is an anonymous survey and answers will only be used for public health purposes. Participation is voluntary.
- Human anthrax case reported in Karabudakhkent region, Russia
- Russia: Norovirus outbreak sickens dozens of children onboard train
- Vanuatu: Dengue outbreak reported on Efate Island
- Melioidosis fatality reported in Georgia
- Prion research suspended in France following death of lab worker -Video news report
- Colorado: Dog tests positive for plague in Teller County
- Marburg virus confirmed: 1st ever case in Guinea
- E. coli Outbreak Linked to Portillo’s in Chicago
- China: Human anthrax case reported in Beijing
- Philippines COVID-19: Increase in cases nearly 50%, Most regions report Delta variant