The Algerian Ministry of Health, Population and Hospital Reform says 59 out of the 172 patients hospitalized since August 7 have been confirmed positive, and 26 others were negative.
In its latest epidemiological update report released on August 29, the ministry said the disease has been confirmed in the Algiers, Tipaza, Blida, Bouira and Medea local government areas.
Apart from the two casualties recorded in Blida area two weeks ago, no new deaths had been reported by August 27. At least 65 out of the 172 patients have been treated and discharged from hospital.
- CDC travel alert: Measles in Brazil
- Hong Kong: Additional local dengue case, Scientific Committee on Vector-borne Diseases meets
- Hand, foot and mouth disease cases up 127 percent in Malaysia
- Antibiotics: Xerava receives FDA approval for the treatment of complicated intra-abdominal infections
- Children’s Advil recalled: Unmatched dosage cup has a chance of being associated with potential overdose
- Sexually transmitted infections in the US: ‘We are sliding backward’