By NewsDesk @bactiman63
The Argentina Ministry of Health reported an additional 12,982 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 Monday, bringing the outbreak total to 1,002,662. Argentina is the fifth country to hit this grim milestone.
To date, 803,965 people have recovered from their illness, while there are 159,695 active confirmed cases.
In the last 24 hours, 451 new deaths were reported– 251 men and 198 women. At the moment the number of deceased persons due to COVID-19 is 26,716.
2,626,406 total diagnostic tests have been performed in the country.
Buenos Aires province accounted for approximately half the country’s cases with 502,457, followed by the City of Buenos Aires with 140,527 cases.
Argentina has seen some of the highest cases despite instituting one of the world’s longest lockdowns.
Other countries closing in on the 1 million case mark include Spain, France, Colombia and Peru.
- Mouthwashes may inactivate human coronaviruses: Study
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in Japan: Trends show it may not be so rare
- Denmark: Imported, fresh mint linked to Shigella outbreak
- Lethal coronaviruses: Common vulnerabilities across SARS-CoV-2, SARS-CoV-1 and MERS-CoV identified
- UK reports 1st sudden permanent hearing loss linked to COVID-19
- Singapore dengue cases drop significantly, Still higher than normal
- Japanese encephalitis cases reported in Gyeonggi Province, South Korea