By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
UN health officials have reported 114 confirmed measles cases since the beginning of 2019, which include 112 were detected in Argentina and 2 in Spain.
The vast majority of cases (105) had no travel history or epidemiological link with imported cases. 105 cases were reported from the city of Buenos Aires and Buenos Aires Province.
The vast majority of cases were unvaccinated or had an unknown vaccination status.
Genotype D8, lineage MVs/Gir Somnath.IND/42.16, has been identified in this outbreak.
- UK: Meningococcal disease B vaccination in infants proves successful
- Florida: First case of rabies in Polk County for 2020 reported
- Illinois reports 1st person-to-person novel coronavirus spread in US
- Drs. Fauci, Redfield on the President’s Coronavirus Task Force
- Japan, France report additional novel coronavirus cases
- MERS coronavirus: Certain licensed drugs part of new treatment strategy
- Philippines reports 1st novel coronavirus case, China death toll rises to 170, 1st case in Tibet
- Bangkok most at risk from a global spread of novel coronavirus: Study