By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Arizona state health officials announced Wednesday that multiple Arizona marijuana establishments and dispensaries are initiating a voluntary recall of specific marijuana products due to possible contamination with Salmonella or Aspergillus.
To date, no illnesses have been reported. This announcement is being made out of an abundance of caution. Patients who have purchased potentially contaminated products should not ingest, inhale, or otherwise consume them and should dispose of them. If you have already consumed any of the products and have any of the symptoms described below, please contact your healthcare provider or seek emergency care in the event of an emergency.
The Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) is advising purchasers to dispose of the products described below, which were found in laboratory tests to be positive for Salmonella or Aspergillus:
|Brand Name||Product Name||Batch Number||Product Type||Implicated Contaminant|
|Harvest Platinum||14g Pre Pack Indica Flower (Glazed Apricot Gelato)||CVGH210406HB||Plant, Trim||Salmonella|
|Harvest Platinum||14g Pre Pack Sativa Flower (Tiger Haze)||CVGH210406HM (L)||Plant, Trim||Aspergillus|
|Modern Flower||3.5g Pre Pack Indica Flower (Orange Acai)||CVGH2104210HI||Plant, Flower – Cured, Greenhouse||Aspergillus sp.|
|Sol Flower Dispensaries and Establishments||Tahiti Lime||0121TILM.33.WT||Plant, Flower – Cured||Aspergillus sp.|
|EHF (Elephant Head Farms)||HAT Trick #17 Flower||030821F1H12||Plant, Flower – Cured||Salmonella|
|Mohave Cannabis||Preroll||LAB #454 PR||Plant, Preroll, Indoor||Salmonella|
|Tru Infusion Flower||Cherry WIFI||0326R12CUC||Plant, Flower – Cured indoor||Aspergillus sp.|
|The Pharm||Chemistry #1 (HD 3/24/21)||Chemistry #1 1 B15B.R1-10||Plant, Flower – Cured, Greenhouse||Aspergillus sp.|
Salmonella: Symptoms from ingesting salmonella usually start within 6 hours–6 days after infection and last 4–7 days. Ingestion can happen inadvertently after handling Salmonella-contaminated products. Symptoms include:
- Diarrhea (that can be bloody)
- Stomach cramps
- Some people may also have nausea, vomiting, or a headache.
Aspergillus: Aspergillus can cause allergic reactions or infection, usually in people already sick with something else. Symptoms range from asthma or cold like symptoms to fever and chest pain among many others.
- Alaska reports rise in syphilis cases in 2020
- New Jersey: Jamestown Canyon virus reported in Sussex County resident
- Serbia health minister: ‘Pandemic will not be solved without mass vaccinations’
- Portugal: Nearly half the population have received the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- Malaria research: University of Nottingham scientists make breakthrough towards stopping transmission
- Nigeria: States battling cholera outbreak supported by NCDC
- Mucormycosis case reported in Formosa, Argentina
- African swine fever recorded in Chhukha district, Bhutan; 16th Asian country to report
- ‘Ten Facts You Should Know About Lyme Disease’ removed from IDSA website
- Ethiopia: Some 200 unknown disease related to camels reported