Health officials in Arizona reported today on the 18th measles case in the current outbreak linked to the private detention facility in Eloy. This is the 17th case in Pinal county.
Public health has identified the following potential exposure sites:
- Monday, June 20, 2016
- Walgreens, 1514 E Florence Blvd, Casa Grande, AZ 85122, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Sunday, June 19, 2016
- Dollar General, 412 S Sunshine Blvd, Eloy, AZ 85131, from 7 to 10:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 18, 2016
- Dillard’s, 1117 N Promenade Pkwy, Casa Grande, AZ 85194, from 3:30 to 7 p.m.
- Kohl’s, 976 N Mission Pkwy, Casa Grande, AZ 85194, from 4 to 7:30 p.m.
- Harkins Theatres, 1341 N Promenade Pkwy, Casa Grande, AZ 85194, from 5 to 10 p.m.
- Friday, June 17, 2016
- Circle K, 817 N Main St, Eloy, AZ 85131, from 7 to 10:30 a.m.
- Sam’s Club, 2425 E Florence Blvd, Casa Grande, AZ 85194, from 8 to 11:30 a.m.
- Vantage West Credit Union, 2008 E Florence Blvd, Casa Grande, AZ 85194, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Food City, 1162 E Florence Blvd, Casa Grande, AZ 85122, from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Mercado Y Carniceria El Pima, 116 N Casa Grande Ave, Casa Grande, AZ 85122, from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Measles or rubeola, is an acute highly communicable viral disease that is characterized by Koplik spots in the cheek or tongue very early in the disease. A couple of days later a red blotchy rash appears first on the face, and then spreads, lasting 4-7 days. Other symptoms include fever, cough and red watery eyes. The patientmay be contagious from four days prior to the rash appearance to four days after rash appearance.
The disease is more severe in infants and adults. Complications from measles which is reported in up to 20% of people infected include; seizures, pneumonia, deafness and encephalitis.