By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The New South Wales Department of Health (NSW Health) reports three cases of novel coronavirus (2019-NoCv) today. Two other cases are under investigation.
Two of the men have been to Wuhan, China. The remaining case, also a man, has had direct contact with a person who has been diagnosed with the new coronavirus infection in Wuhan during his stay in China.
All three patients are now in isolation at the New South Wales Hospital.
NSW Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant said from these cases it can be seen that travelers returning to NSW must be fully aware of the symptoms of the new coronavirus infection.
“Everyone exhibiting symptoms should have basic health protection-use a tissue or raise their elbows to block them when coughing or sneezing, and then wash their hands thoroughly.”
Dr. Chante said that in order to protect the safety of family and friends, don’t be afraid if symptoms occur, contact the doctor immediately.
China’s National Health Commission reported today (computer translated) 30 provinces (autonomous regions and municipalities) reported 769 new confirmed cases, 137 severe cases and 24 new deaths (24 cases in Hubei Province).
To date, the National Health and Health Commission had received a total of 2,744 confirmed cases in 30 provinces (autonomous regions and municipalities), 461 cases of severe cases, 80 cases of deaths, and 51 cases of hospitalization. There are 5794 suspected cases.
- Arizona reports 2019 Novel Coronavirus case in Maricopa County
- Novel coronavirus in Los Angeles and other updates
- Thailand infectious diseases 2019: Measles, dengue and melioidosis
- Malaysia novel coronavirus update
- China novel coronavirus: National Health Commission press conference transcript
- California: Novel coronavirus case confirmed in Orange County
- Toronto: Novel coronavirus case treated at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Malaysia: 4 novel coronavirus cases reported