By NewsDesk @bactiman63
In Bangladesh, the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) in Dhaka reported an additional 211 new dengue fever patients in the past 24 hours. This puts the outbreak total in the country to 20,129.
164 of the new patients, or 78 percent, are reported in Dhaka.
In addition, three additional dengue fatalities were reported, bringing the death toll due to dengue to 76 (71 in Dhaka–93%).
The 20,000-plus dengue cases reported in 2021 thus far is the second most cases reported in a year since the first cases were reported in 2000 (only 2019, when Bangladesh reported more than 101,000 cases had more).
- Pakistan: 5% of blood donors in Sindh were positive for one or more infectious disease
- Pakistan dengue numbers rise as hospital bed shortages are reported
- Los Angeles reports 120 leptospirosis cases in dogs since April
- COVID-19 pandemic led to stark rise in depressive and anxiety disorders globally in 2020
- Portugal achieves 85% complete vaccination, 1st country to reach target
- Japan reports an additional 900 syphilis cases in past month
- Outbreak News This Week 10-9-2021: Polio in Ukraine and other news
- Bangladesh adds additional Nipah virus case/death to 2020 tally