By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Health officials in Bangladesh report battling a measles outbreak amidst the current COVID-19 outbreak in the country.
Officials say an outbreak of measles has claimed the lives of 8 children and infected more than 300 people in Sajek union, Baghaichhari Upazila in Rangamati District.
This has prompted a call for humanitarian assistance in Rangamati and Bandarban.
Concerning COVID-19 in Bangladesh, reported its first COVID -19 case, officially, on March 8 2020. On March 18, Bangladesh reports its first death.
To date, the IEDCR 70 positive cases, including eight deaths.
The country has been in national lockdown from 26 March through today.
- Anti-parasitic drug, Ivermectin, inhibits SARS-CoV-2 virus in 48 hours in vitro: Monash University researchers
- Brazil COVID-19 case count tops 10,000, ‘There are MANY more’ writes Rio doctor
- New study identifies characteristics of patients with fatal COVID-19
- Measles outbreak in Mexico City
- Spain reports 7000 COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours
- New York COVID-19 cases top 100K, Javits Center used for COVID-19 patients only
- University of Nebraska develops a COVID-19 screening mobile app