The Outbreak News This Week Raduio Show got a little “batty” as we focused on two stories concerning our webbed winged mammalian friends.
In the first half, I was joined by Micaela Jemison, Director of Communication and Public Engagement with Bat Conservation International as she gave a lot of great information on the serious problem with the fungal disease that is killing millions of bats nationwide, white-nose syndrome.
During the second half, Infectious Disease specialist and a Forbes contributor, Dr Judy Stone came on the show to discuss food safety, bat safety and the now famous Fresh Express recall.
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 8 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
LISTEN to more interviews:
- Chagas disease: An interview with Patricia Dorn, PhD
- Avian influenza and the Top Five Epidemic Risk Factors for 2017
- Podcast: Dr Rodney Rohde discusses Medical Laboratory Science for the hour
- Mumps: An interview with Dr Dirk Haselow
- Legionnaires’ disease: An interview with Dr. Mark Edwards and Sarah Ferrari
- Rabies: A comprehensive interview with Pamela Wilson
- Bioterrorism: An interview with Lawrence Roberge, PhD
- Lyme disease Q & A with Dr. Paul Auwaerter
- Zika virus: A virologist’s viewpoint
- Blood Clots: An interview with Dr. Jack Ansell