The Bolivia Ministry of Health and Sports reported 579 new dengue fever cases, bringing the cumulative total to 6,453.
The department of Santa Cruz is the province with the highest number of infected with a total of 4,869, Beni 797, Tarija 359, La Paz 159, Pando 55, Chuquisaca 132 and Cochabamba 62.
The total number of deaths reached 26.
The national head of the Ministry of Health’s Program for Reemerging and Diseases, Rubén Montero, reported that Bolivia is under siege by dengue serotype 2.
“The serotype that is predominating now is serotype 2, which has more complications and is much stronger, more aggressive in patients, than in the case of (dengue) 1,” said the Health authority.
- Kazakhstan: Brucellosis outbreak in Shymkent
- Philippines: Hand, foot and mouth disease cases up in Negros Occidental
- Infection with a bacterium that causes gum disease and bad breath may increase the risk of heart disease
- Chikungunya cases nearly double in 2022 in the Americas, 2023 sees this trend continuing
- Vietnam: More than 300 cases of dengue fever in Binh Dinh since the beginning of the year
- Thailand reports spike in dengue fever in first 5 weeks of 2023
- Mississippi reports first cases of locally acquired Candida auris
- Marburg outbreak reported in Equatorial Guinea
- New Zealand reports imported measles case in Auckland adult
- Nigeria: Diphtheria death toll now 40, Only 12.5% of confirmed cases fully vaccinated