The Brazil Ministry of Health recorded 45,403 COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours, putting the total cases at 2,012,151 confirmed cases of the disease.
The country has registered some 1.3 million recoveries from the virus.
The disease is present in 97.4% of Brazilian municipalities. However, more than half of the cities (3,312- 61%) have between 2 and 100 cases.
To date, 76,688 deaths from coronavirus have been reported. Regarding deaths, 3,056 municipalities had records (55%), with 949 (31%) of them having only one confirmed death.
India became the third country to hit 1 million COVID-19 cases today. According to the health ministry, 34,956 new infections were reported in just 24 hours.
1,003,832 total cases have been reported, including 25,602 deaths.
- Dangerous blood clots form in leg arteries of COVID-19 patients
- SARS-CoV-2 cannot be transmitted to people by mosquitoes: KSU study
- Cancer screening in the time of COVID-19: Prevent Cancer Foundation’s ‘Back on the Books’ campaign
- Colorado reports 1st human plague case in 5 years
- Ebola outbreak rises to 56 cases
- COVID-19: South Africa reports 13,172 new cases, now 6th in the world
- Manila to remain under quarantine until end of month, Philippines now has 85 certified labs
- Phase 2/3 clinical trial for critically ill COVID-19 patients continues to enroll patients as cases surge across the country