By NewsDesk @bactiman63
Brazil’s Minister of Health, Eduardo Pazuello said this week the country is prepared to start vaccination against COVID-19 as soon as the National Health Surveillance Agency (Anvisa) endorses it . According to the minister, all states will receive doses at the same time, ensuring free and non-mandatory immunization for all Brazilians.
“Our vaccination program for Covid-19 will be the largest in the world. Because the Brazilian people are already adapted and want to receive the vaccine. The priority is the whole of Brazil,” he said.
On Thursday, a flight from Brazil traveled to India to get two million doses of the AstraZeneca / Oxford Covid-19 vaccine.
Upon arrival in Brazil, the Ministry of Health will send vaccines to the states as soon as the National Health Surveillance Agency (Anvisa) approves the emergency use of the immunizer in Brazil. After the approval of the Agency, the distribution logistics should take five days.
In addition to the 2 million doses of AstraZeneca, Brazil still has 6 million more doses of the vaccine from the Butantan Institute, produced by the Chinese laboratory Sinovac, which will also be distributed to the states through the National Immunization Program (PNI) as soon as endorsement by Anvisa. In total, Brazil already has 354 million doses of the vaccine against Covid-19 contracted with international laboratories, in addition to enough syringes to apply the vaccine to all Brazilians.
To date, Brazil has reported 8,256,536 total COVID-19 cases, including 205,964 deaths.
- Vir Biotechnology & Gilead Announce Phase 2 Clinical Trial Collab for Functional Cure of Hepatitis B Virus
- Philippines report 1st UK COVID-19 variant, 30 million doses of Covovax vaccine secured
- Thailand reports 71,000 dengue cases in 2020
- Peste des petits ruminants closer to eradication
- Sweden reports 80K COVID-19 vaccinations administered
- Peru: New variant of COVID-19 detected in Lima, Self-medication with dexamethasone warning
- Non-native mosquito, Aedes scapularis, established in South Florida