Brazil currently registers a total of 17 confirmed cases of monkeypox – 11 in São Paulo, two in Rio Grande do Sul and four in Rio de Janeiro, according to Agencia Brasil.
Another ten cases are still under investigation. Of the total number of cases, five would be autochthonous, which means that there was local transmission of the disease. Two of them in Rio de Janeiro and three in São Paulo.
This Friday, the ministry was notified of three new cases of the disease in the country, two in the state of Rio de Janeiro and another in the state of São Paulo, confirmed by the laboratories of Fiocruz-RJ and Adolf Lutz in São Paulo.
- Florida monkeypox tally rises to 25, Latest case in Pinellas County
- Dengue fever cases up 54% in Bulacan, Philippines
- North Carolina reports 1st monkeypox case
- Honduras reports more than 7,000 dengue fever cases year to date
- Colombia reports 3 monkeypox cases in Bogotá and Medellin
- Taiwan reports imported monkeypox case
- Anthrax case reported in Uvs province, Mongolia
- Monkeypox testing expanded to commercial labs