By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The São Paulo State Health Secretariat notified the Ministry of Health of yet another imported, confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID-19). Despite the new confirmation, there is no change in the national situation, as there is no evidence of sustained circulation of the virus in Brazilian territory.
The patient was in Italy. The ministry considered as final the test performed by Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein (HIAE), the specific exam for SARS-CoV2 (RT-PCR, by the Charité protocol), as recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO). The HIAE was instructed to forward a sample rate to the Adolfo Lutz Institute for genetic monitoring of the virus.
The patient, male, is 32 years old, resident in São Paulo, and was treated at Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein on February 28. He arrived in São Paulo on February 27, on a flight from Milan (Italy), in the region of Lombardy (north of the country), when he also started to have symptoms. During the flight, he wore a mask. In attendance, fever, cough, sore throat, myalgia (muscle pain) and headache (headache) were reported. He received guidance on home isolation, since the clinical picture is light and stable. The hospital has adopted all preventive measures for droplet transmission.
Chagas in Black and White merchandise
According to the report, he wore a mask during the entire trip back to Brazil, accompanied by his wife, his only home contact, who is asymptomatic. Both are under home isolation and daily monitoring by the São Paulo Municipal Health Department.
The investigation of close contacts during the flight and other locations is underway through the state and municipal secretariats, in conjunction with Anvisa (National Health Surveillance Agency).
- CDC Statement: CDC and Washington State Report First COVID-19 Death
- Gov. Jay Inslee issues COVID-19 emergency proclamation
- Greece announces the 4th COVID-19 case, recent traveler to Italy
- Italy COVID-19 cases top 1,000
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee statement of COVID-19 death
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Issues New Policy to Help Expedite Availability of Diagnostics
- COVID-19 death: 1st in US in Washington state
- Peru dengue: 40,000 homes to be fumigated in San Martín region, Country cases top 8,000
- Romania COVID-19 case count now 3, Cases reported in Maramures and Timis counties
- Iran COVID-19 outbreak nears 600 cases, CDC raises travel alert