Brazilian health agencies have confirmed 36 new cases of monkeypox in the last few hours. In total, 142 cases of the viral disease caused by the hMPXV virus (acronym for Human Monkeypox Virus) have been recorded .
According to the Ministry of Health, the majority (98) of cases were confirmed in the state of São Paulo. Then comes Rio de Janeiro, with 28 occurrences of the disease, Minas Gerais (eight), Ceará (two), Paraná (two), Rio Grande do Sul (two), Distrito Federal (one) and Rio Grande do Norte (one ).
- Panama reports 1st monkeypox case, Minister of Health calls on the population to remain calm
- Vietnam records 15K additional dengue cases in 10 days, Country total now 92,000
- Connecticut reports 1st monkeypox case in New Haven County resident
- Sri Lanka Crisis: Fuel and medicine shortages, food insecurity, civil unrest
- Hepatitis A: UNC scientists discover key to virus replication, show drug effectiveness
- New York City tops 100 monkeypox cases
- Florida: Four monkeypox cases in the Tampa Bay area, State total is 63
- H5N1 avian influenza linked to deaths of Maine seals: NOAA Fisheries