By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
On Wednesday, the Brazil Ministry of Health registered 42,725 COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours, bringing the country’s total to 1,188,631 confirmed cases of the disease.
Officials say 649,908 people, or 54.7% have recovered from coronavirus in Brazil.
Currently, 4,937 Brazilian municipalities (88.6%) already have coronavirus circulation, however 3,280 of them have 2 to 100 confirmed cases, and 523 municipalities have confirmed, so far, only one case of COVID-19.
The death toll has risen to 53,830 deaths.
The interim Minister of Health, Eduardo Pazuello, discussed during videoconference of the Mixed Commission on Covid-19 of the Federal Senate, the main actions carried out by the portfolio in the face of the pandemic in Brazil. During the presentation, Pazuello pointed out that the portfolio has been working with transparency in relation to the actions taken on the disease. The interim minister detailed to the parliamentarians the progress of each appeal destined by the Federal Government to combat the impacts of Covid-19 in the states, municipalities and the Federal District (DF).
Due to the impact of Covid-19 in Brazil and in the world, R $ 39.3 billion was allocated in extraordinary credits to face the disease. The appeal was destined from the publication of eight Provisional Measures (MP). The amount is in addition to the R $ 138.9 billion provided for in the Annual Budget Law (2020) approved by the National Congress for this year.
The extra resource, of R $ 39.3 billion, was used to purchase Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), provide Covid-19 diagnostic tests, rent ICU beds, produce medicines, purchase monitors and fans, remuneration of health professionals, temporary hiring of health professionals, among others.
“We are working on purchasing PPE and hiring ICU beds and we are still hiring more beds. There are already almost 10,000 new ICU beds enabled ”, highlighted Pazuello.
- Salmonella cases surge in multistate outbreak
- Oklahoma: Swan Bros. Dairy and the Raw Milk Campylobacter Outbreak
- CDC issues health alert over antibiotic resistant Neisseria meningitidis
- Los Angeles COVID-19 case tally tops 88K, Small increases in hospitalizations reported
- Sweden: Survey shows more than 80 percent of the population adapted due to COVID-19
- Russia COVID-19 cases near 600K, Coronavirus vaccine study starts
- Cyclospora outbreak grows in the Midwest
- Singapore dengue outbreak expected to top 2013 numbers, DENV3 presents special problems