By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
On Friday, Brazil health authorities reported 46,860 additional COVID-19 cases, bringing the country total to 1,274,974 confirmed cases.
697,526 people have recovered to date, or 54.7% of the total.
In the past 24 hours, 990 deaths were reported in the past 24 hours, bringing this total to 55,961.
With the expansion of the disease to the interior of the country, the Ministry of Health has started to invest even more the collection and diagnosis of mild cases of the disease.
In addition, health services that are accredited for the Covid-19 Service Center modality will also be able to collect samples of all mild cases. Thus, about a quarter (22%) of the Brazilian population will be tested for the disease.
“In the last few weeks, we realized that the disease was moving inland, with a population that needed to be assisted. Therefore, a very large window of opportunity opens up for us to test the Brazilian population, who live and live in these municipalities in the interior of Brazil ”, declared the Health Surveillance Secretary of the Ministry of Health, Arnaldo Correia de Medeiros.
- Malaria reported in Hulu Langat, Selangor, Malaysia
- Case Count Hits 206 in Cyclospora Bagged Salads Outbreak
- Severe COVID-19 illness: CDC expands list of who is at increased risk
- Malaysia reports 2nd human rabies death in Sarawak this year
- California: 1st human West Nile virus cases reported in Stanislaus County
- Vibrio parahaemolyticus infections linked to raw mussels in New Zealand
- India reports 2.4 million TB cases in 2019
- Ebola: 10th outbreak in DRC declared over, The risk of re-emergence of the virus remains