South America, while a late bloomer in this COVID-19 pandemic, is seeing cases rise rapidly earning the moniker- The New Coronavirus Epicenter.
Brazil reached a grim milestone today surpassing the 1,000,000 case mark, making it only the second country to do this (the US was the first) and experts project that the country will surpass the US in coming months.
In this video, I also look at the COVID-19 situations in Peru and Chile, who have recorded 250,000 and 230,000 cases, respectively.
- COVID-19 risk increased with greater household crowding, lower neighborhood socioeconomic status
- Malaysia reports 14 new Coronavirus cases, Response to COVID-19
- Sweden COVID-19 studies: Ongoing infection, Antibody tests in blood donors
- SARS-CoV-2 transmission to animals: Monitoring needed to mitigate risk
- Global polio (WPV1) cases now at 67, Nigeria attains Polio-Free status
- Swimmer’s ear: ALK gains exclusive rights to market OTIPRIO in U.S.
- SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibodies isolated: Developing a treatment, Aid in vaccine design
Outbreak News Merchandise
Check out what we have to offer at the links below: