One of the bigger stories in recent weeks is the situation of human infections with a strain of Brucella, known as RB51, linked to the consumption of raw, or unpasteurized milk.
Senior Associate with the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, Amesh Adalja, MD joined me to talk about this specific situation, the process of pasteurization, why people choose raw milk and the risks associated with drinking unpasteurized milk.
Check out Dr. Adalja’s blog at Tracking Zebra
Other interviews with Dr Adalja:
- Talking Hepatitis A with Dr Amesh Adalja
- Cholera: The disease, the Yemen crisis and the vaccine
- Anti-Vaxx Op-Ed, Trump/RFK Jr meeting: An ID Doc’s perspective
- Pennsylvania Lyme disease: An interview with Dr Amesh Adalja
- Trump-neurosyphilis article, H7N9 avian influenza
Visit myLABBox.com for easy, convenient and fast screening solutions for prevalent STDs, all in the privacy of your own home.
- Bacteriophage therapy: A remarkable story
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and the importance of timely treatment with doxycycline
- Japanese encephalitis, the Philippines and the need to put the vaccine on the national schedule
- Saudi Arabia, the Hajj and the challenges in the prevention and control of infectious diseases
- H7N9 avian influenza in China: Should we be worried?
- Antibiotic stewardship: A look at penicillin allergies
- Vaccine refusal: What’s behind it and how we become better ambassadors for vaccination
- A new Lyme disease test: Dr Richard Marconi discusses the GLD Test