By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Bulgaria Ministry of Health reports 57 cases of the SARS- CoV-2 Delta variant, also known as the Indian variant, which were identified by NCIPD by genomic sequencing. A total of 90 clinical samples were analyzed.
Viral variants of increased importance for public health were found in all of them, of which: 33 (36.7%) were Alpha (B.1.1.7) and 57 (63.3%) were Delta (B.1.617.2).
Clinical samples were taken from patients with COVID-19 in the period June 29 to July 16, 2021 and were sent from 18 districts in the country.
- Georgia: Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever kills one in Tbilisi
- E. coli O121 outbreak linked to linked to cake mix, 16 cases in 12 states
- Vietnam reports 4,992 cases of COVID-19 today, More than half from Ho Chi Minh City
- Argentina: Córdoba confirmed 14 cases of Delta variant related to travelers
- Toronto: More than 70 per cent of adults are fully vaccinated
- Rabies in the Cradle of Humankind area, Gauteng Province, South Africa
- Eastern equine encephalitis detected in mosquito pool in Albion, New York
- Lyme disease linked to psychiatric disorders: Study
- Rhode Island reports increase in Legionnaires’ disease
- Finland reports increase in COVID-19 cases, Slight increase in hospitalizations