By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
In a follow-up on a report out of Tehama County, California, the young child that contracted the dangerous amoebic parasite, Naegleria fowleri, last week, has passed.
The boy is identified as 7-year-old David Pruitt and he died from primary amebic meningoencephalitis (PAM), the disease caused by the amoeba on Aug. 7, according to the families GoFundMe page.
The family, like others before them, encourage others to learn more about this infection and how to protect yourself and your family.
To support and help the family during these difficult times, donate to the GoFundMe page.
Check out series of short interviews from the 2019 Amoeba Summit in Orlando: