By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
In a follow-up on a report out of Tehama County, California, the young child that contracted the dangerous amoebic parasite, Naegleria fowleri, last week, has passed.
The boy is identified as 7-year-old David Pruitt and he died from primary amebic meningoencephalitis (PAM), the disease caused by the amoeba on Aug. 7, according to the families GoFundMe page.
The family, like others before them, encourage others to learn more about this infection and how to protect yourself and your family.
To support and help the family during these difficult times, donate to the GoFundMe page.
Jeremy Lewis, Heidi LaMeyer discuss amoeba awareness and share their stories
Naegleria fowleri and the Jordan Smelski Foundation for Amoeba Awareness
Naegleria fowleri: A personal story
Check out series of short interviews from the 2019 Amoeba Summit in Orlando:
Naegleria fowleri: The PAM protocol with Dr Juan Dumois
Naegleria fowleri: A public health perspective
Naegleria fowleri and the ER physician with Dr Vincent Valente
Naegleria fowleri research with Dennis Kyle, PhD
Naegleria fowleri: Lab diagnosis with Shiela Black, MHM, BSMT(ASCP)
Naegleria fowleri: The Sebastian DeLeon case with Dr. Humberto Liriano
Naegleria fowleri: 4th Annual Amoeba Summit with Dr Jennifer Cope
2 thoughts on “California boy dies from Naegleria fowleri infection”