By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
In this video, I look at international and national calls for banning “wet markets” to protect the public and global health.
Wet markets can be “timebombs” for epidemics as we witness today.
In addition, at least one study links the pangolin as a likely intermediate host to the current situation so I look at this study, answer the question, what is a pangolin? and examine the massive illegal trade of this mammal.
- Neonatal herpes following ritual circumcision (metzitzah b’peh)
- 5 MUST READ books on Infectious diseases
- COVID-19 in Africa: Researchers say world must help continent in staying ahead of the curve
- Illinois COVID-19 case count nears 30K, 125 additional deaths
- Polio: Additional cases reported in Pakistan, Polio vaccine history
- Lyme Disease Biobank Expands Into San Diego
- Oklahoma COVID-19: Death toll rises to 139, Tulsa increased testing capacity
- Measles in the Americas: 1,100 confirmed cases to date; Buenos Aires, Mexico City and São Paulo
- Rabies: 10 cases of confirmed cases in wildlife in Oswego County, NY
- New Jersey coronavirus tally tops 80,000, More deaths than seen in three past flu seasons combined