In a follow-up on the Cambodia H5N1 avian influenza outbreak, the Ministry of Health says the situation in Roleang village, Romleach commune, Sithorkandal district, Prey Veng province is now under control.
Only 2 cases of H5N1 are detected and confirmed by the lab. A girl (11 years old and 6 months) passed away and her father confirmed positive H5N1 under the medical care and treatment in district hospital.
After treatment, additional samples tested on him are now negative as of February 27; however, he is still hospitalized to complete his treatment course according to the drug usage’s protocol.
A total of 29 samples (16 closed contacts and 13 Illness like influenza (ILI)) collected by the investigation team were tested by laboratory with all negative results.
- Philippines: ‘Rising cases of amebiasis’ in San Carlos City prompts State of health of emergency declaration
- Buenos Aires province: Leptospirosis and salmonellosis were confirmed in cases of acute diarrhea
- Ghana reports two Lassa fever cases in residents of Accra
- CDC issues travel notice for Paraguay due to chikungunya outbreak
- Taiwan reports 5th monkeypox case
- Sweden reports 34 shigella cases linked to travel to Cape Verde, Outbreak now considered over
- Paraguay chikungunya outbreak: 90% of cases reported in Asunción
- Bolivia dengue cases top 10,000, La Paz issues red alert
- Kentucky reports measles case, Individual attended Asbury University revival