By: Candess Zona-Mendola, MakeFoodSafe
The Public Health Agency of Canada announced this week that it also has cases in the mystery
outbreak of Salmonella cases in the US. There are 59 confirmed cases of Salmonella Newport
illness linked to this Salmonella outbreak in the following provinces: British Columbia (23),
Alberta (31), Manitoba (3), Ontario (1), and Prince Edward Island (1).
According to the notice, Canadian Individuals became sick between mid-June and mid-July
2020. Information is available for 28 illnesses. Out of 28 people, six individuals have been
hospitalized. No deaths have been reported. Individuals who became ill are between 11 and 77
years of age. The majority of cases (54%) are female.
The investigation into the source is still ongoing.
- Antibiotic-resistant Staphylococcus aureus found frequently on gym equipment: Study
- Florida COVID-19 cases top 400K, State partners with Target for 7 new testing sites
- Mystery Salmonella Outbreak Up to 212 Cases, Still No Source
- Ebola outbreak rises to 65 cases, Separated children as a result of the outbreak
- South Africa COVID-19: Cases top 400,000, Community transmission is well-established
- Cyclospora Outbreak Linked to Bagged Salads Up to 614 Cases
- DRC monkeypox cases top 2500