By: Candess Zona-Mendola of MakeFoodSafe
More cases and states have been added by the CDC to the multi-state Cyclospora outbreak linked to bagged salads today.
As of this evening, eight states are now involved with cases, including: Illinois (57), Iowa (74), Kansas (1), Minnesota (25), Missouri (10) Nebraska (20), North Dakota (6), and Wisconsin (13). Of those ill, 23 people have been hospitalized with Cyclospora infections.
Recalls have also been implemented by ALDI, Hy-Vee and Jewel-Osco grocery stores for their store brand bagged salads specifically labeled as “garden salads” and sold in mid-western states. Walmart’s Marketside brand has also been implicated in the notices, but has not yet been recalled. The FDA and CDC are asking consumers to check their refrigerators and not eat the recalled products. Urgent medical attention is recommended if you believe you are sick with a Cyclospora infection.
- Severe COVID-19 illness: CDC expands list of who is at increased risk
- Malaysia reports 2nd human rabies death in Sarawak this year
- California: 1st human West Nile virus cases reported in Stanislaus County
- Vibrio parahaemolyticus infections linked to raw mussels in New Zealand
- India reports 2.4 million TB cases in 2019
- Ebola: 10th outbreak in DRC declared over, The risk of re-emergence of the virus remains