A plague warning has been issued in Boulder, Colorado last week after fleas collected in open space near the 7200 block of Terrace Place in Boulder, northeast of Cherryvale and South Boulder Roads, tested...

By

The New Mexico Department of Health reports a 45-year-old woman from San Juan County has been diagnosed with West Nile Virus infection. She was not hospitalized and is at home recovering. This is the...

By

The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) is working with local health departments and health care providers statewide to identify patients who have traveled to countries affected by Ebola. CDPH...

By

Ohio’s first two human cases of West Nile Virus (WNV) in 2014 were identified Tuesday by the Ohio Department of Health (ODH). A 24-year-old female in Muskingum County and a 78-year-old female in Cuyahoga...

Two cases of locally acquired chikungunya fever were reported this week in Palm Beach County, according to the Florida Department of Health (FLDOH). This brings the total locally acquired cases in Florida...

The Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS) is advising the public not to eat any canned soups or sauces made by Corfinio Foods of Richmond.  The affected products were improperly...

By

The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) has announced the first reported case of West Nile virus for 2014. The individual that tested positive is an adult from Republic County. West Nile...

By

nSpired Natural Foods, Inc. is voluntarily recalling certain retail lots of Arrowhead Mills® Peanut Butters, MaraNatha® Almond Butters and Peanut Butters and specific private label nut butters (listed...

The Mobile County Health Department has confirmed that a teenage girl who traveled this summer to the Republic of Uganda contracted malaria. She has been hospitalized since Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, and is...

By

A Walla Walla County man is the first Washington resident in 2014 known to have been infected with West Nile virus in our state. The man in his 20s was likely exposed near his home and was hospitalized....