By Candess Zona-Mendola, MakeFoodSafe
The CDC warns Americans about Thompson International onions. The warning applies to red onions, white onions, yellow onions, and sweet onion varieties from Thompson International. Americans are urged to not eat, serve, or sell any onions from Thompson International or products made with Thompson International onions.
The onion Salmonella outbreak continues to grow. 59 Americans have been hospitalized. 396 Americans have contracted Salmonella infections in the Onion Salmonella Outbreak.
34 states are affected. Current state case counts are: Alaska (6), Arizona (14), California (49), Colorado (10), Florida (3), Idaho (5), Illinois (10), Indiana (2), Iowa (15), Kansas (1), Kentucky (1), Maine (4), Maryland (1), Michigan (23), Minnesota (10), Missouri (6), Montana (33), Nebraska (5), Nevada (5), New York (4), North Carolina (3), North Dakota (5), Ohio (7), Oregon (71), Pennsylvania (2), South Carolina (1), South Dakota (11), Tennessee (5), Texas (1), Utah (61), Virginia (4), Washington (2), Wisconsin (5), Wyoming (11).
- Sysco Recalls Red Onions Linked to Salmonella Outbreak
- Alaska reports doubling of syphilis cases
- Red Onions Linked to Salmonella Outbreak
- Columbia professor, W. Ian Lipkin, MD, developing the health protocols for Democratic National Convention
- Upstate New York: Jefferson County reports increase in gonorrhea cases
- Brazil: Paraná state records more than 200,000 dengue cases in past year
- Philippines: Cebu records nearly 1000 COVID-19 cases, Bird flu task force reactivated