The biotech company, Valneva announced this month about the promising work and progress on two vaccine candidates–the mosquito borne virus, chikungunya and Lyme disease.
On today’s show I am joined by Valneva President and CEO, Thomas Lingelbach to discuss the latest on these vaccine candidates.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
- Neglected Tropical Diseases: Chagas disease and schistosomiasis
- Lyme bacteria persister forms, antibiotics and essential oils with Dr. Ying Zhang
- Artemisia tea infusions used in the treatment of Schistosomiasis: A look at the study
- Enterovirus D68, Acute flaccid myelitis and some of the research
- Trachoma: The SAFE strategy, the successes and a look forward to elimination
- African swine fever, China and the risk to the US
- Balamuthia, neti pots and a unique case report
- Trichomonas vaginalis treatment: New research shows multi-dose metronidazole is better in women
- Infectious disease ‘pearls’, part 2: Outbreak News This Week
- Leptospirosis: Risk, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment
- Rabies: History, myths and diagnosis on Outbreak News This Week
- Monkeypox: Q&A with Dr Warren Andiman
All-new Echo Dot (3rd Gen) – Smart speaker with Alexa – Charcoal
3 thoughts on “Chikungunya and Lyme vaccine candidates with Valneva CEO Thomas Lingelbach”
A new Lyme disease vaccine is needed as cases continue to increase annually. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that all tickborne diseases, from Lyme disease to Powassan virus, were up in 2017. There were 48,610 total cases in 2016 and it rose to 59,349 cases in 2017.
Using the CDC’s general estimation figure of 10 times, the 42,743 Lyme disease cases reported would equate to 427,430 estimated cases.
Lyme: The First Epidemic of Climate Change illustrates that Lyme disease and other tick borne will escalate in coming years. This book is a must read for those who care about the planet and the animals that reside on it. https://ticksurveillance.com/blog/
I was diagnosed in July 2012. I did not have any rash that I know of. I was bit by a tick when I was on vacation in Gettysburg, PA. I became very lethargic and my joints, especially my neck was hurting, some flu-like symptoms. My doctor checked EBV, Mono and Lymes. Lymes was positive. Tried 21-days of Doxy. Felt a little better, but then the bottom dropped out. Retested by PCR and positive. I was on 30-days of IV Rocephin. I felt better, but still had bad days, so I decided to start on a Natural Lyme Formula treatment protocol from Organic Herbal Clinic (ww w. organicherbalclinic. com), the treatment effectively treated my Lyme disease condition. The stiffness, fatigue and joint/muscle/body pains has subsided, I feel better overall than i have felt in years. 3 months after the treatment, I made an appointment with a rheumatologist in Houston, after examining me, she looked at me and told me I did not have Lyme disease because all the usual Lyme symptoms had stopped. Its almost like a miracle!