Chile health officials announced today vaccination began this Monday with a new (fourth, second booster) dose for immunocompromised people 12 years of age and older who received their first booster dose before September 12.
In addition, starting February 7 the booster will be extended to the general population of people aged 55 and over who have received their first booster dose until August 15, 2021.
“This vaccine, this fourth dose or second dose of booster will be available to everyone. We leave today with the immunocompromised people and we will continue with the maximum speed. And from February 7 it is open to the general public. We will continue with everyone because we want each and every Chilean to be well protected. Because as long as we are not all protected, no one will be really protected “, said the President in the vaccination of the FACH Hospital, accompanied by the Minister of Health (s), María Teresa Valenzuela, and the Undersecretary of Healthcare Networks, Alberto Dougnac.
On August 11, 2021, the inoculation plan began with the first dose of booster (third dose), settling in Chile as one of the first countries in the world to massively begin the application of an additional dose to the primary scheme.
This new dose seeks to strengthen the defenses against COVID-19, allowing it to better cope with the impact of different variants of the virus.
“The responsibility of a government is to always be alert, always alert, always anticipating, with a single purpose, to better protect the health and lives of all our compatriots,” said the head of state, who noted that there are vaccines insured for the process.
Since December 24, 2020, when vaccination against COVID-19 began, to date, 45,041,534 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in the country, making Chile one of the best in the pandemic.
“Those who have not been vaccinated, those who are lagging behind are committing irresponsibility. The vaccine is safe, it is effective and if you are not vaccinated, you will be infected, you will infect your families, your co-workers, your classmates and we cannot allow that “, concluded President Piñera.
- Philippines: Iloilo reports 12 human rabies deaths in 2021
- Nigeria reports 3 confirmed monkeypox cases in December, 34 total for 2021
- Salmonella: Salta, Argentina reports 1,643 cases in 2021
- Argentina Health Alert: Psittacosis in General Pico
- Germany: Goose dies at Heidelberg Zoo, Infected with H5N1 avian influenza
- Pennsylvania: Canada Lynx tests positive for COVID-19 at Pittsburgh Zoo
- Portugal reports 35K COVID-19 cases for 4th consecutive day
- Montana reports brucellosis case in Madison County Herd
- Canine influenza H3N2 outbreak in Los Angeles County update