By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Chile health authorities reported 2,462 new COVID-19 cases in the past day, bringing the outbreak total to 301,019, now the 6th highest COVID-19 outbreak in the world following only the US, Brazil, India, Russia and Peru.
6434 total COVID-19 related deaths have been reported.
The percent positive in lab tests dropped from 22% to 19%. The Minister of Health, Enrique Paris said, “this is good for the country, for the health of our inhabitants and also for the life of our inhabitants. We will continue working, because this does not mean that we are going to lower our arms, we will continue working and we will follow the recommendations of the Advisory Council COVID-19 and other institutions that want to contribute when necessary to advance the strategy that we have set ourselves as a Government for the attack on against the coronavirus ”.
The Minister assured that the strategy of detecting, tracing and isolating in the best possible way to avoid the spread of the virus.
Health officials also announced massive PCR testing operations to begin in the Metropolitan Region. Undersecretary of Public Health, Paula Daza said they have been carrying out an PCR testing operation to detect people with COVID-19 in a timely manner, in order to preventively isolate them and prevent them from infecting the community.
“As soon as a person begins with symptoms such as headache, cough, or fever, they should be consulted promptly to take the PCR test as soon as possible. Let’s save time to take care of the infected and their families, “said Undersecretary Paula Daza, who also referred to the strategy of going looking for people in sectors where there are more positive COVID-19 cases and inviting them to go to a Sanitary Residence if is that they do not have the conditions to carry the quarantine in their homes.
- Dengue fever: 11th case reported in the Florida Keys this year
- Miami area: West Nile virus cases rise to 18
- Henry Ford Hospital researchers: Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine cut death rate significantly in COVID-19 patients
- South Africa reports additional almost 9,000 COVID-19 cases, Puts total over 200K
- Sweden Public Health Authority updated guidance concerning positive antibody test
- DRC Ebola outbreak #11: Cases and deaths rise, UN report on zoonotic diseases released
- Dengue: Laboratory-acquired case reported in North Carolina, according to study