By NewsDesk @bactiman63
The Minister of Health, Enrique Paris, reported that, according to a Minsal study, 68.4% of active cases as of March 4, 2021 are related to outbreaks and clusters and of these, 88% are related to family outbreaks . While the remaining 12% is related to an institutional origin.
“The increase in active cases by 68.4% refers to outbreaks and clusters. And these outbreaks, 88% correspond to family outbreaks. That is why we have said that we have supported the right to vacations and the right to rest, the pandemic fatigue that exists and will continue to exist, mental health problems, we support vacations, but unfortunately, apparently during the holidays, there have been a social behavior that did not respect the sanitary norms ”.
He added that “we insistently ask that sanitary standards be maintained within families. Sometimes in schools, in the workplace, even in transportation, sanitary standards are very strongly maintained, but they are not respected in family gatherings. That is why I ask for your collaboration in this regard to prevent the virus from spreading further, ”said the Minister of Health.
The total number of people who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the country reaches 850,483.Of this total, 27,523 patients are in the active stage. The recovered cases are 801,537.
The total number of deaths is 21,008 in the country.
- African swine fever: New strains found in China, Milder but highly transmissible
- Pakistan: 1st Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever case reported in Karachi
- Diphtheria in Hispaniola: Six deaths to date
- Ebola outbreaks in Africa: Death toll rises to 13
- Monoclonal antibody ‘cocktail’ blocks COVID-19 variants: Study
- FDA issues authorization for first molecular non-prescription, at-home COVID-19 test
- River Blindness in the Americas, Lymphatic Filariasis and Malaria on Hispaniola elimination effort: Carter Center’s new partnership