By NewsDesk @bactiman63
The government of Macao (computer translated) reported an additional H5N6 avian influenza case on Mainland China in Hunan Province.
According to data, the patient is a 58-year-old female farmer living in Yongzhou City, Hunan Province. She developed symptoms on August 29 and was admitted to the hospital on August 31. She is now in a serious condition and had a history of exposure to the live poultry market before the onset of illness.
Since April 2014, there have been confirmed cases of H5N6 avian influenza in Sichuan, Guangdong, Yunnan, Hubei, Hunan, Anhui, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region and Jiangsu.
This case would be the 51st case reported in China in the past 7 years.
The Health Bureau urged residents to avoid contact with poultry and birds and pay attention to personal and food hygiene.
Subscribe to Outbreak News TV on YouTube
- Iowa reports increase in congenital syphilis
- India: Delhi dengue cases top 1500, Hospitals face bed shortage
- Philippines record 3400 new COVID-19 cases, 27 million people fully vaccinated
- Roanoke, Virginia hepatitis A outbreak results in the deaths of three
- Mother’s Vitamin D Deficiency Linked to Offspring Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Chikungunya in the Americas: More than 120K cases reported, 97% in Brazil
- Hantavirus case confirmed in Riverside County, California
- Tonga reports 1st COVID-19 case in traveler from New Zealand