The National Health and Family Planning Commission in China just released information on eight additional human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) with onset of symptoms between November 24 and December 24.
The details on the cases are as follows:
1. A male farmer aged 65 in Huzhou, Zhejiang, with exposure to a poultry market in critical condition;
2. A woman aged 51 in Pinghu, Zhejiang, with poultry contact who died on December 25, 2015;
3. A male farmer aged 77 in Tongxiang, Zhejiang, with exposure to a poultry market who died on December 11, 2015;
4. A woman aged 41 in Wuxi, Jiangsu, with exposure to a poultry market in serious condition;
5. A woman aged 52 in Changshu, Jiangsu, with exposure to a poultry market in critical condition;
6. A male farmer aged 53 in Huzhou, Zhejiang, with exposure to a poultry market in critical condition;
7. A woman aged 58 in Hangzhou, Zhejiang, with exposure to poultry slaughtering in critical condition; and
8. A woman aged 29 in Hangzhou, Zhejiang, with exposure to a poultry market in critical condition.
This brings the total human H7N9 cases reported on the Mainland since 2013 to 678.
We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website.
You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings.
You can adjust all of your cookie settings by navigating the tabs on the left hand side.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.