By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Official numbers coming out of China have seen a significant drop in recent days with the latest information from Chinese authorities showing 433 new confirmed cases (409 in Hubei and 383 in Wuhan) and 29 new deaths (26 in Hubei and 1 in Beijing, Heilongjiang, and Henan) Wednesday.
This brings the country total to 78,497 confirmed cases and 2,744 deaths.
In South Korea the situation appears to be going in the opposite direction. In the past 24 hours, the Korean CDC reported 334 additional confirmed cases, bringing the total to 1,595, including 13 fatalities.
Globally, more than 82,000 COVID-19 cases have been reported from 50 countries, including 2,804 deaths.
- Flu vaccine: FDA approves FLUAD® QUADRIVALENT for adults 65 years and older
- Japan COVID-19: Osaka woman reinfected as case count nears 200
- COVID-19: Possible community transmission in California
- Sweden reports 2nd COVID-19 case in traveler to Italy
- E. coli O103 outbreak linked to clover sprouts served at Jimmy John’s restaurants
- Pakistan reports 1st COVID-19 cases
- Caribbean Princess: Another outbreak on latest voyage sickens 200
- Lyme disease: Nearly one-third of test results are inaccurate for patients with Lyme rash
- Iran: COVID-19 cases continue rise, Spread in the Middle East