By NewsDesk @bactiman63
Officials have reported an additional human case of influenza A(H9N2) in China this year, The patient is a three-year-old girl from Zhuhai, Guangdong province.
The child was hospitalized in mid-October with mild symptoms. She fully recovered. It is reported she had contact with domestic poultry.
This is the seventh H9N2 avian flu case reported in China in 2020.
According to the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), since 1998, 68 laboratory-confirmed cases of human infection with avian influenza A(H9N2) viruses have been reported in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
Most human cases are exposed to the A(H9N2) virus through contact with infected poultry or contaminated environments. Human infection tends to result in mild clinical illness. Since the virus continues to be detected in poultry populations, further human cases can be expected.
- Philippines reports 2,000 more COVID-19 cases, 400K kids vaccinated in Ilocos region
- Sweden: Health officials encourage flu and pneumococcus vaccines
- Tinnitus is being exacerbated by COVID-19: Study
- Another Romaine Lettuce E coli Outbreak?
- Florida COVID-19 death certificates examined
- Chad chikungunya outbreak in ‘sharp decline’
- University of Miami study: COVID-19’s potential impact on male fertility, sexual transmission