By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Hong Kong health officials reported an additional human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) in mainland China.
The case involves a 54-year-old man living in Chenzhou City of Hunan Province, who is the husband of the case reported on August 10. He had cooked and eaten a duck purchased from a live poultry market together with his wife before the onset of symptoms. He developed symptoms on August 2 and was admitted for treatment on the same day. The patient is in stable condition.
From 2014 to date, 39 human cases of avian influenza A(H5N6) have been reported by Mainland health authorities.
- New York City: Legionnaires’ Disease Cluster in Harlem
- Bangladesh dengue outbreak nears 7,000 cases, 30 deaths
- Malaysia COVID-19: Record cases reported in consecutive days
- Naegleria fowleri with Steve Smelski
- Côte d’Ivoire Ebola outbreak: A second suspected case being investigated
- Brazil: Pernambuco state reports 469% increase in chikungunya
- Portugal reports more than 2,000 COVID-19 cases on Tuesday
- Karachi reports 7th ‘brain-eating amoeba’ case of 2021