On April 26, we saw the first known human case of H3N8 avian influenza reported in Henan Province, China.
Now the Hunan Provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention retrospectively reports (May 19) on an additional case Changsa City.
The patient is a 5-year-old boy from Kaifu District. He presented with fever and chills on May 9 and recovered the next day with symptomatic treatment.
Experts believe this is a bird-to-human cross species transmission.
Subscribe to Outbreak News TV on YouTube
- DRC reports 5th Ebola case in current outbreak
- Suspected monkeypox case reported in Finland
- Canada: Confirmed monkeypox cases in Quebec now 15
- Peru reports 277K acute diarrheal episodes and 9 deaths year to date
- UAE reports 1st monkeypox case
- Bronx Legionnaires’ disease update: 19 cases, one death in the Highbridge area
- Seattle: Presumptive monkeypox case investigated
- Germany monkeypox cases rise to 5, risk to the health of the general population is low
- Malaysia reports 20 -fold increase in hand, foot and mouth disease cases