By News Desk @bactiman63
The official state-run press agency of the People’s Republic of China, Xinhua, reported today on a confirmed human case of H5N6 avian influenza Ningyuan County, Yongzhou City, Hunan Province.
It is believed the patient contracted the disease at a live poultry trading market in Ningyuan County.
The patient is being treated in an ICU ward of a hospital in Ningyuan County. The patient’s vital signs are stable, but is still on a ventilator.
Since Sunday, live poultry trading in all farmers’ markets in Ningyuan County will be suspended. At present, Ningyuan County has completed the cleanup and elimination of the 8 major farmer’s markets in the county town and 44 farmer’s markets in towns and towns.
This is the 26th human H5N6 avian flu infection reported since 2014.
- England authorities: New COVID-19 strain can spread more quickly, Boris Johnson’s statement, Netherlands travel restrictions
- Dengue, measles and 18 other diseases down in Cordillera Administrative Region, Philippines
- Bruker announces launch of Winter four-plex PCR panel for important respiratory viruses in Europe
- Philippines reports 3600 new COVID-19 cases, ‘There has been a continuous growth of cases in Metro Manila, signaling the start of a surge’
- Scotland confirms H5N8 avian influenza on Island of Sanday farm
- U.S. FDA authorizes Moderna mRNA vaccine against COVID-19 for emergency use
- Réunion reports more than 16,000 dengue cases in 2020