By NewsDesk @bactiman63
China’s Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs announced Friday (computer translated) of an outbreak of H5N8 subtype highly pathogenic avian influenza in wild swans in Pinglu County, Yuncheng City, Shanxi Province.
The outbreak occurred at the Sanwan Whooper Swan Scenic Area, Pinglu County, Yuncheng City.
There are more than 4,000 wild swans living in this area, with 2 sick and 2 dead. After the outbreak, the local area immediately activated an emergency response mechanism, carried out emergency response work, and disinfected the surrounding environment. All sick and dead swans were treated harmlessly.
- Africa: Chad measles vaccination campaign postponed, Polio cVDPV2 vaccination campaign resumes
- England reports H5N8 avian influenza case in North Yorkshire, 6th recent case
- Brazil: Dengue cases in Rio de Janeiro state decrease significantly in 2020
- Pakistan men’s cricket team members test COVID-19 positive in New Zealand
- England reports increased flu vaccine uptake
- Norway: H5N8 avian influenza detected in wild goose
- Sweden: COVID-19 vaccinations will be January 2021 at the earliest
- Cyclospora prompts recall of organic basil
- Brazil: Paraná state reports 1st autochthonous Zika case of the year, Yellow fever in monkeys