By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Officials with UC San Diego Health made the following statement on social media earlier this morning:
We currently have two patients at UC San Diego Health from Miramar. One has tested positive for 2019-nCoV; the other is considered a person under investigation (PUI). Both patients are doing well and have minimal symptoms.
UC San Diego Health has some of the nation’s leading experts on infectious diseases. We are fully prepared to care for adult patients with 2019-nCoV.
We want to assure you that patient safety is our top priority.
This is the 13th confirmed case in the United States and the 7th in California.
- 2019-nCoV: Singapore tally now 45, China death toll tops 1,000
- Dengue health alert issued in Huila, Colombia
- New York continues to see increased seasonal flu activity
- New Hampshire: Valley fever diagnosed in a rescue dog from Arizona
- UPDATE: 10% of Caribbean Princess passengers sickened, Returning to Fort Lauderdale early
- Sri Lanka: Dengue cases top 11,000
- UK: Coronavirus cases rise to 8 in England, Diagnostic test rolls out today to 12 labs