By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Costa Rica Health Ministry reported Friday an additional three coronavirus disease 2019, or COVID-19 cases, bringing the country total to 26.
The patients are ages 10 to 87 years. There are 14 women and 12 men, of whom 23 are Costa Rican and 3 foreigners, registering positive cases in San José, Heredia, Guanacaste, Alajuela and Cartago. By age we have: 21 adults, three seniors and two minors. Of all the confirmed patients, only three are hospitalized.
Health officials have announced setting up a special phone number to provide more support to the population with inquiries about COVID-19.
Line 1322 will operate 24 hours a day, with the aim of reducing the number of informative calls that 9-1-1 currently receives.
The procedures and care guides for all consultations were prepared by the technical teams of the Ministry of Health. In this way, the 1322 will allow:
- Clarify and explain the symptoms of COVID-19.
- Receive information on possible COVID-19 cases.
- In the event that a call is considered emergency, it will be transferred to 9-1-1
“We urge the population to use line 1322 responsibly and for topics only related to COVID-19. At the same time that we reiterate ignoring unofficial information that may generate unnecessary panic in the population, “emphasized the Minister of Health, Daniel Salas.
At the same time, he asked the population to stay at home this weekend, to avoid possible infections. “From the institutional framework, we are doing everything possible to protect ourselves, but we protect each other. If we don’t have essential tasks to attend to this Saturday and Sunday, let’s stay home this weekend and let’s not forget constant handwashing and protect ourselves when it comes to coughing and sneezing, we fight this fight together, ”said the health manager.
The recommendation is whether they should go to places like farmer’s fairs, which continue to be enabled, maintain all the recommended prevention actions and distance between people.
Lastly, the Ministry of Health is warning the public about fraudulent claims made about the preventive or curative effects of Colloidal Silver products and other minerals.
This represents a risk to the health of the population since the use of these products may cause delays in the proper diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19.
Recommendations to the general population:
- Do not buy, sell or use Colloidal Silver products or any other type that indicates to prevent, treat, diagnose or cure COVID-19, because they have not been shown to be safe and effective for these purposes, they deceive consumers and can put the population’s health at risk, since the use of these products may cause delays in the proper diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19 and other diseases.
- Before buying, selling and using products, verify that they have a sanitary registry issued by the Ministry of Health.
- Report to the Ministry of Health those establishments, companies or people suspected of marketing products with the indication of preventing, treating, diagnosing or curing COVID-19.
- Philippines: 12 additional COVID-19 cases reported
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA gives flexibility to New York State Department of Health, FDA issues Emergency Use Authorization diagnostic
- Italy coronavirus outbreak tops 17K cases
- Spain COVID-19 deaths double in two days, Prime Minister expects 10,000 cases in a week
- FDA Urging People to Donate Blood as Coronavirus Fears Intensify
- France COVID-19 death toll rises to 61
- Canada COVID-19 cases now 138, Sophie Grégoire Trudeau test positive