By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Costa Rica Ministry of Health reports as of Tuesday, 50 COVID-19 cases have been confirmed, with an age range of 10 to 87 years. There are 24 women and 26 men, of whom 44 are Costa Rican and 6 are foreigners.
Positive cases are registered in 19 cantons of five provinces: San José, Heredia, Guanacaste, Alajuela and Cartago. Puntarenas and Limón continue without cases.
By age we have: 40 adults, 6 older adults and 4 minors. At this time 720 people have been discarded.
To avoid the shortage in supermarkets, the restriction on the hours of entry of delivery trucks to the GAM was lifted, while the distribution of drinking water with tank trucks continues, said Alexánder Solís, Executive President of the CNE, who insists on calling the calm and rational use of water resources.
Along the same lines, the Minister of Agriculture and Livestock, Renato Alvarado, assured that both the MAG and the sector’s institutions are monitoring the behavior of markets and production flows. He emphasized that, at this time, the supply of grains and agricultural products is guaranteed on a regular basis, for which he made a call for solidarity and not to hoard food products.
Finally, and in compliance with the recommendations of the Ministry of Health, the President of the Costa Rican Soccer Federation, Rodolfo Villalobos, reported on the cancellation of the national soccer championship.
- Norovirus outbreak reported on Royal Caribbean’s Grandeur of the Seas
- Italy COVID-19 epidemic tops 30K cases
- COVID-19 virus, SARS-CoV-2 is stable for several hours to days in aerosols and on surfaces
- Malaysia COVID-19 cases rise by another 120, total now 673, first two deaths recorded
- Takeda’s Dengue vaccine candidate: The Lancet publishes papers from two studies
- Spain COVID-19 cases top 11,000, 1 million masks distributed
- Poison Control Centers: Fielding calls on everything from snakebites to coronavirus
- The COVID-19 coronavirus epidemic has a natural origin, scientists say