By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
In roughly a day, the COVID-19 case count has increased by some 600 cases. The latest information from the Ministry of Health, Consumption and Social Welfare shows the case count as of this writing is 1,622, including 35 deaths.
Madrid has reported 782 cases and 21 deaths, while País Vasco, La Rioja and Cataluña report scores of additional cases.
On Monday, The Interterritorial Council of the National Health System, of which the Ministry of Health and the Autonomous Communities are part, have agreed this afternoon on a set of measures for areas that are in a phase of significant community transmission. At the moment in this situation there are only the Community of Madrid, the city of Vitoria and the town of Labastida.
Among others, the following measures of distancing in the educational and labor field:
1. Measures in the educational field
a. Suspension of classroom teaching activity at all educational levels (Universities, Baccalaureate, Secondary Education, Primary and Infant Education, Nursery, Vocational Training and others).
b. Suspension of complementary educational activities.
2. Recommendations in the workplace:
a. Teleworking whenever possible.
b. Review and update of continuity plans for work activity in emergencies.
c. Hourly flexibility and staging shifts to reduce worker concentrations.
d. Promote meetings by videoconference.
On the other hand, the SNS Interterritorial Council has agreed to include a set of protection measures for specific populations throughout the Spanish territory. Between them:
- Promote home care for the elderly.2. Express recommendation to all the elderly, who suffer from chronic, multipathological diseases or with congenital or acquired immunosuppression states that limit the exits of their home or residence. In any case, it is recommended to avoid crowded places where it is not possible to maintain the interpersonal safety distance of at least one meter.And also other measures of a general nature such as:
- Avoid trips that are not necessary by appealing to individual responsibility.2. People who start respiratory symptoms and / or fever are advised to remain at home avoiding going to health centers, provided their clinical situation allows it, and their place of work.
- Philippines reports 13 additional coronavirus cases, total now 33
- Brazil COVID-19: 25 confirmed cases, Elderly and health workers 1st to get flu vaccine
- COVID-19: More cases reported in Los Angeles, 1st case of community transmission
- Iowa reports 8 presumptive positive COVID-19 cases, Gov. Reynolds signs a Proclamation of Disaster Emergency
- Washington: King County reports 33 additional COVID-19 cases
- Fraudulent COVID-19 products: 7 companies get warning from FDA
- COVID-19 incubation time: Johns Hopkins estimates 5.1 days
- COVID-19: Study looks at risk factors associated with death in adults hospitalized in Wuhan
- Italy reports an additional 1800 COVID-19 cases, Quarantine expanded