By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Since our last report yesterday, Italian health officials reported more than 100 additional COVID-19 cases, bringing the country total to 322. In addition, fatalities doubled in the past 24 hours from five to ten.
Officials note 114 patients are hospitalized with symptoms, 35 are in intensive care, while 162 are in home isolation.
8,600 swab samples have been collected.
The number of infected people by region is as follows: Lombardy Region (240), Veneto Region (43), Emilia Romagna Region (26), Piedmont Region (3), Lazio: 3 (the 2 Chinese tourists and the resigned researcher), Tuscany (2), Sicily (3), Liguria (1) and Autonomous Province of Bolzano (1).
- Remdesivir for the treatment of COVID-19: Clinical trials begins at the University of Nebraska
- FDA issues warning letter to Jimmy John’s over foodborne illness and food safety issues
- Iran COVID-19 death toll now 15, Deputy Health Minister Harirchi infected
- South Korea COVID-19 total nears 1000 as global cases top 80K
- COVID-19 travel notices issued for Japan, Italy and Iran