By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Florida state health officials have announced announced 39 new positive cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), putting the total cases in the state over the 100 mark.
As of Sunday, 106 Florida residents have been infected, including four deaths. In addition, seven Florida residents have been diagnosed and isolated outside of Florida.
Nationally, nearly 3,000 coronavirus disease 2019 cases have been reported in the US, with some 60 deaths also reported.
A new national NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll finds six-in-10 Americans believe the worst is yet to come for the outbreak inside the United States.
In addition, more than 40 percent say their day-to-day lives will change as a result of the pandemic.
“What’s clear is that we are at the beginning of the story of coronavirus in America, and Americans are beginning to understand what its impact could be,” said Democratic pollster Jeff Horwitt of Hart Research Associates, who conducted this survey with Republican pollster Bill McInturff and his firm, Public Opinion Strategies.
- Malaysia reports 190 COVID-19 cases in 24 hours, Most linked to Seri Petaling Mosque
- Nigeria: Final field visit to determine polio-free status
- Venezuela reports 8 COVID-19 cases, Maduro declares a permanent emergency
- Colorado: Mountain lion that attacked two people tested positive for rabies
- Pakistan reports four additional wild poliovirus cases, Vaccination campaign scheduled for Islamabad
- Qatar reports MERS coronavirus case in Doha
- Spain coronavirus outbreak grows, Nationwide lockdown imposed