By: Candess Zona-Mendola of MakeFoodSafe.com
Just one day after the Public Health Agency of Canada announced its investigation into 37 cases of Cyclospora in three Canadian provinces, the CDC made its own announcement – there were now 509 confirmed cases in this Cyclospora outbreak. Both countries have issued recalls of the Fresh Express salads that are believed to the source of this bagged salads outbreak. As of July 1, 2020, 33 people have been hospitalized.
As of July 8, 2020, the states associated with this outbreak include: Illinois (151), Iowa (160), Kansas (5), Minnesota (63), Missouri (46) Nebraska (48), North Dakota (6), and Wisconsin (30).
The investigation is still ongoing in both countries.
- Laos see dengue cases double since May
- Finland reports increase in sexually transmitted diseases
- Lice Activity Increased During Pandemic according to Lice Clinics of America
- Canada Joins the Cyclospora Outbreak Linked to Bagged Salads
- Philippines performing nearly 20,000 COVID-19 tests per day, Government quells fears of plague in China
- Cases of brain complications linked to COVID-19 are occurring across the globe: Researchers
- Singapore dengue outbreak: More than 16K cases, 5 consecutive weeks of more than 1000